Monday, August 3, 2009

Hello again!

OK, so for real this time lets go. I have just finished a great scarf in this yarn trio from my LYS. It is ocean colors with soft greens and blues. It was a simple garter stitch pattern but I used one #35 and a #11 needle (the #11 came from needing a smaller needle and finding a #11 with a butterfly decoration on the end). It came out nice. It is very soft and scrunchy. I hope to get a pic up soon, but it's currently drying.

There have been a lot of changes in my life recently and I am just trying to get my feel planted back on the ground. My husband and I filed for divorce, I found out he had a girlfriend, and more recently I re-established a friendship with a friend I thought I had lost forever. I am learning to put me first, and for the first time in a very long time I can say that I am happy. Being happy I have noticed I want to knit all the time. I am currently working on a hat, some lace stockings (I have one done and the second is almost halfway done), and a giraffe that I am at war with. The giraffe should be my priority as it is for a friend who should be having her baby any day now, but after having started the thing 6-7 times I needed a break. I have 1 of the 4 legs done and that is it so far. I'm hoping that after I finish the hat I will finish the giraffe.

Well, I really should be in bed as I have to work tomorrow, but I just wanted to say hello again, and we will hopefully talk again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are getting better for you. Obviously, I didn't know about your soon-to-be ex-husband. I'm sure it has been hard, but I'm glad that you are happy again. You were always such a happy person, at least that's what I remember. :) Miss you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete