Thursday, August 13, 2009

Addicted to yarn...

As with most knitters, I am addicted to yarn. It is hard to decide on a next project when there is so many beautiful yarns to choose from, and I am just talking about the yarns in my stash. I have tried to not buy any new yarns...for the most part it has worked. It takes a lot of restraint to walk into a LYS with my friends and leave with nothing (well almost nothing).

I am starting a new project. I finished Joe's hat and it looks great. I just need to wash/block it and send it on its way. I am still working on the lace stockings and the giraffe. I am proud to say that 3 of 4 legs for the giraffe are done. My new project is using Hand Maiden's Sea Silk. The yarn is fabulous...smooth and soft silk and the most intoxicating varigated blues. The yarn was a gift from David after our horrid Tahoe trip this year. He spent a lot of time in a LYS in Northern California trying to decide what to purchase. He sent me 2 skeins of this decadent yarn. I haven't had much urge to knit with it though. However, we have been talking recently...we have even spent time together...and it has been really nice. I think this summer caused him to grow up a lot and realize a lot of things. We are taking things slow, but it is nice to have him in my life. I don't know where things will go, but it feels like the right time to knit with this yarn...time to make it into something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment